After eight years I have upgraded my Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard 4000 to a newer model. Microsoft hardware has been always very good in my opinion, but in this product iteration you can see how much they have learn about design.
What I like:
- Magnetic battery covers
- Magnetic accessories
- All extra useless buttons gone
- Numeric pad now a separate accessory leaving your mouse much closer to the keyboard
- Much shorter keypress and better feeling
- You can store the dongle inside the mouse
What I don’t like:
- USB dongle is bigger than the Logitech one.
- If I want to mix the Logitech MX mouse with the Microsoft Keyboard one I need two dongles
- You can’t recharge the mouse batteries with an USB cable
- The keyboard has a weird key layout at the right side. I hope I can get used to it.