If you own a Blackberry from Vodafone Germany, you may be able to update to OS 4.5 depending on your model.
I did the update yesterday, and it went smooth. You will need:
- Windows machine, as the update is done from the desktop manager
- The right firmware update for your model.
- You need to re-activate against the Enterprise Server in case you use BES. Contact your administrator for that.
You get lot of improvements against 4.2:
- Better browser. Mouse cursor to navigate.
- HTML mails
- Video camera.
- Some Media Player enhancements.
- Decent fonts.
- Documents to go. I can now even open pdfs from mail.
- Lot of user interface improvements. It looks nicer.
- Free/Busy calendar lookup.
(note, features depend on your device model)